Products from MadCap Software support you throughout the documentation process and provide you with a complete end-to-end workflow for print, online, and web documentation from a single source.
Flare™ - The XML-based authoring system
MadCap Flare is an XML-based professional help authoring system (HAT) that provides powerful content management functions.
Contributor™ for new content and correction runs
Madcap Contributor MadCap Contributor is an XML-based editor that allows experts to make contributions and correct topics.
Central™ for cloud-based publication
MadCap Central allows cloud-based publication, as well as project and content management for technical editors and information management teams.
Translation and localization
Lingo™ for your translations
MadCap Lingo is an XML-based translation memory system that works closely with Flare. Lingo provides you with a simple user interface, full Unicode support, and supports efficient working throughout the localization process.
Mimic™ for software simulations
MMadCap Mimic creates software films, presentations, and simulations. No special programming knowledge is required.
Capture™ for screen captures
MadCap Capture creates screen captures of any area of your screen as an editable image.
MadCap Flare™ is an XML-based professional help authoring system (HAT) that provides powerful content management functions. Technical editors and authors can use Flare to reuse content from one source in different output formats
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Microsoft HTML Help
- DotNet Help
- WebHelp-format for mobile devices
- ePub-format for e-book readers
Use MadCap Flare to create:
- Procedural and process instructions
- Knowledge databases
- Software documentation
- Online help with sensitive context
- Manuals and illustrated instructions
- User handbooks
- Vector graphics
- Change codes
- Formula editing with integrated formula editor
- Checking for accessibility
- QR codes
X-Edit Contribute and X-Edit Review have been combined as MadCap Contributor. MadCap Contributor is an XML-based editor that allows experts to make contributions and correct topics. External authors can use Contributor to create content, which is then incorporated into Flare projects. This is done using templates created using Flare.
Thus, authors can concentrate on the content and do not have to worry about the project management. At the same time, media disruption is prevented as all content is created and edited in XML.
MadCap Lingo is an XML-based translation memory system that works closely with Flare. MadCap provides you with a simple user interface and full Unicode support for all languages that are written from left to right. Lingo supports efficient working throughout the localization process - including an integrated translation memory system and support for the Google Translation Service.
You can also translate other file formats with MadCap Lingo, for example Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (all versions), HTML, XML, and DITA. MadCap Lingo supports
- TMX interface for sharing translation memories from third party providers
- TBX interface for sharing terminology databases
MadCap Mimic creates software films, simulations, and presentations. No special programming knowledge is required. You can select various options for the recording.
- Video automatically records all actions (full-motion) in a single frame. This means that certain actions, such as drag&drop actions, appear clearer and more realistic. You can also record YouTube films or animations. All information is stored in the frame and cannot then be separated from it. Every action, for example a mouse click or keyboard entry, automatically triggers recording.
- Every action, for example a mouse click or keyboard entry, automatically triggers recording.
- The recording can also be triggered manually by pressing the Print key. This enables you to determine what is recorded and what is not.
Mimic is completely integrated into the MadCap product suite, which means that you can use the same conditions and variables across different products - and the same color palettes with Capture.
You can use the films for
- Sales and marketing
- Technischer Kundendienst
- Online help
MadCap Capture creates screen captures of any area of your screen as an editable image. Capture supports post-processing with custom objects, palettes, and special effects.
With Capture, there are only three steps to a perfect image:
- Take screen capture.
- Save in appropriate file format.